Sunday, January 10, 2010

Spring Cleaning...Day 4

Day 4's assignment was to start cleaning and organizing the kitchen. The article suggested starting in the pantry, emptying everything, and then putting it back. So that is what I did. I didn't realize how much my pantry could hold until this little exercise! I didn't think the pantry was terribly unorganized, but this was a great opportunity to check expiration dates (I threw away three tall garbage bags full of expired food) and to sweep and mop the floor of the pantry.

Before
The kitchen was overflowing with pantry items. This was difficult for me because I had worked so hard all week to keep my counters and tabletops clear all week long. But it was great motivation to get everything put away.

After

I don't want to post these things in an effort to toot my own horn. It is rather a way to measure the progress I am making in our home in a more tangible way. So much of my life as a mother is working on tasks that don't stay done. But here I can look at my photos and know that I completed a project. I find great satisfaction in that!

No comments:

Post a Comment