Monday, January 4, 2010

Spring Cleaning: Day 1

After two weeks with everyone home, decorations filling the house, and treats scattered over the counters. Two weeks in which presents were taken out of hiding, wrapped, then placed carefully under the tree until that fateful morning when the wrappings were torn, tossed and discarded, only to leave new toys, books, games, and clothing which would need a place to rest in our little abode. After all of this, I needed a rest. A rest from the clutter. A new year. A new beginning. In short, I had a dream...a dream in which there is a place for everything, and everything has it's place. A good friend shared a website with me which you will find here. I tried this once before, but didn't get past day 2 or 3. But, as I am always an optimist on January 4--or whichever day is the day where the kids go back to school after a looooonnngggg winter break--I thought I would give this Spring Cleaning thing another try. So this is what I have accomplished today. There are still a few things that I haven't tried to unclutter upstairs, but I am proud of what I have accomplished today!

Before
After

Before

After

Before

After

Before (and this is my WORST spot in the house!)

After

Ahhhhh....much better.
























2 comments:

  1. Your house looks fabulous! Doesn't it give you new appreciation of life?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it does! I love having a clean organized space to unwind after a long day in :)

    ReplyDelete