Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Lime Meringue Cupcakes


This is a recipe that I tried today. They turned out pretty good. I loved the lime curd and the meringue, but the actual cake wasn't my favorite...it wasn't bad, just not my favorite. The recipe came from the cookbook Cupcakes from Williams Sonoma. I had a great time trying out my cooking torch to toast the meringue! My sweet husband gave me the torch as a gift a number of years ago, but I had never actually taken out of the box. (I was pleasantly surprised to find it in a cupboard in my kitchen, rather than stored away in a box in the garage.) I love trying new recipes and having family to share the recipe with! Timothy said he didn't like it, then proceeded to eat the whole cupcake.

1 comment:

  1. I made lemon meringue cupcakes for Bille's shower. I used Reed's shop torch since I didn't have a kitchen torch (I do now). They were delicious and fun to make. Your's look beautiful! You can see the results, and process, on Bille's blog.

    ReplyDelete