Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Lizzy and the Firestation Field Trip



Today Lizzy's preschool had a "field trip" to the local firestation. For the last week she has been learning all about fire safety and what to do in an emergency. I totally forgot the camera, so I don't have any pictures to share, but I had to write some of the funny things she said!




Fire Captain: If there is a fire, do you save yourselves, or your toys?


Lizzy: My toys!


Fire Captain: (trying not to laugh) Tell you what, you save yourself, and I'll buy you a new toy.


Lizzy: But I have a bathtub Dora toy. (as if that explained it all!)




Lizzy also was lifted up to test the smoke detector by a big fireman without a shred of fear. But when that same fireman put on his fire gear, including his mask, she was afraid. She was very afraid! One of the other firefighters asked the kids, "So when you see someone dressed like this, do you run to them, or do you run and hide?" Lizzy's reply, "run and hide!"




Lizzy got to sit inside the fire engine as the grand finale of her trip, and all in all, it was a fun outing, even if she stuck to me like glue after the man in the fire gear appeared.

No comments:

Post a Comment