Monday, January 24, 2011

Gabe goes to Science Camp!

Gabe waits anxiously in the cafeteria for the buses to arrive. It's almost time to leave for SCIENCE CAMP! (I'll let Gabe tell the rest of the story...) This is my bed in my cabin.
This is my cabin, the Pelican Cabin.

What I learned in field class about the "FBI"--fungus, bacteria, invertebrates.
This is a picture of the fungus.

This is the "campfire" program on the first night, with our 6th grade teacher, Mr. Winchell, on the bass.


The beautiful, big campus of Walden West.

The Garbage Gator, trying to eat Chunky the No Waste Monkey...
he's been chewing on Funky the No Waste Monkey's tail for the past 11 years!

Chunky the No Waste Monkey teaching us not to waste food, so that he doesn't get eaten by the Garbage Gator. This was a cool program during the week in the dining hall. We were careful, and Chunky was safe!
The food I had in this dining hall was AWESOME! I even wrote home to brag that the food I was eating at camp was WAY better than Mom's cooking. I am lucky that Mom loves me, otherwise, I would be going hungry today.
My favorite dinner was tacos!!!
This is the outdoor amphitheater. We met here after every activity to see if everyone was "with the program".


This was my last day in camp. I was sad to leave camp, but I was happy to be going home. I came home very dirty, because I had become a member of the "dirty butt" club, and had also crossed a creek in knee deep water, and so I had used up all my extra pants. All I had to come home in was my pajamas.


It was a great experience!
-Gabe Piper a.k.a Viper
(all the kids chose a "nature" name and Viper was what Gabe chose. He even told all the kids that they had to say it in a cool whisper voice...what a kid!)

1 comment:

  1. I went to the exact same science camp last month. Best week ever!

    ReplyDelete