Tuesday, December 7, 2010

The Piper Gingerbread Village



For the second year running, we Pipers countdown to Christmas by drawing a piece of paper out of a jar. Each paper is labeled with a number and has something fun to do on it. Some are very exciting for the kids, and a few are more exciting for mom and dad (the Community Christmas Concert earned one or two groans this year). Day 7 was a delight, GINGERBREAD HOUSES! Brennen helped me pick out a kit that contained five small houses and after Family Home Evening, we got to decorate!

Jeffrey helps Lizzy with her A-Frame house, while she concentrates on the candy.


I was happy to pipe the frosting wherever Tim needed it (mostly to avoid the mess that I knew would come if a 7 year old wielded a pastry bag!).



And here are the finished products...






I was so glad to have one all to myself to decorate :)






And there they sit...at least until tomorrow when I've promised the kids that they can devour their creations!

No comments:

Post a Comment